CAT 2019 Notification : Important Dates
• CAT 2019 will be conducted on November 24, 2019 (Sunday) in two sessions.
• Registration for CAT 2019 will open on August 7, 2019 and will close on September 18, 2019.
• CAT 2019 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 156 cities.
• Candidates will be given the option to select four test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres
will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2019 registration and hence
candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.
• The concerned authorities willtry their bestto assign candidatesto theirfirst preferred city. In case this
is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case
that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city.
However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
• Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include
credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
• Aftersubmission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit
card from October 23, 2019 onwards, till the date of the test.
• The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
o Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
o Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
o Section III: Quantitative Ability
• Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they
will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
• Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have
to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of a basic onscreen calculator for computation.
• Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 16,
2019. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
• The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of
the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2019. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk
over email or phone.