Countdown to CAT 2020|DAY 108|LRDI
A family of eight members – A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H – consists of three couples. There are three generations in the family. They form four groups of two members each and decide to go on foreign tour in four different countries – Canada, USA, UK and France.
(i) A is the grandfather of one of the male members who is going to the USA.
(ii) Both members of a group have decided to visit the same country and each couple forms a group.
(iii) H, female, is married to E, who is going to the UK.
(iv) B and D form a group, and agree to go to the USA after showing stiff resistance not to go to the
(v) E’s mother-in-law is mother of C, who is the father of B and brother of H.
(vi) D is unmarried and niece of C.
(vii) Oldest member of the family is going to Canada.
1. How is F related to C?
(1) Wife (2) Mother (3) Daughter (4) Cannot be determined
2. How many male members are there in the family?
(1) 3 (2) 4 (3) 5 (4) 2
3. Which of the following groups goes to the UK?
(1) C and F (2) A and G (3) H and E (4) B and D
4. How is D related to E?
(1) Son (2) Daughter (3) Niece (4) Nephew
5. How many children does A have?
(1) 1 (2) 3 (3) 2 (4) 4
6. Which of the following persons goes to France?
(1) C (2) D (3) E (4) H
7. What is the relation between B and H in that order?
(1) Nephew and Aunt (2) Niece and Aunt (3) Brother and Sister (4) Grandson and Grandmother