Countdown to CAT 2020|DAY 125|LRDI
Double Line Up/Distribution
Seven persons – Gayatri, Swati, Rohini, Urvashi, Jigyasa, Vartika and Riya are staying in a seven – storeyed apartment (not necessarily in the same order). Ground floor is considered as Ifloor. I floor is considered as II floor and so on. They are working in seven different banks – SBI, Axis, PNB, OBC, ING, BOB, and HDFC. The following information is known about them.
(1) Swati lives on an even numbered floor and immediately below the person who is woking in SBI.
(2) Urvashi lives on the second floor and works in BOB. Neither Vartika nor the person working in OBC stays adjacent to Urvashi.
(3) Equal number of floors are there above the person working in PNB and below Gayatri’s floor.
(4) The person working in PNB stays below the Urvashi’s floor. The person working in SBI does not live on the fifth floor.
(5) Rohini works in Axis and lives two floors below Gayatri’s floor.
(6) The person working in HDFC lives immediately above Riya’s floor.
1. Who among the following works in HDFC?
(C) The person who lives on the fourth floor
(D) Both (B) and (C)
2. Which among the following is ‘definitely false’?
(A) Jigyasa lives on an odd numbered floor.
(B) Vartika lives below Riya’s floor.
(C) Swati works in OBC bank.
(D) None of these
3. Four of the following are alike in a certain way and hence form a group, which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(A) Rohini – BOB
(B) Gayatri – HDFC
(C) Urvashi – Axis
(D) Swati – ING
4. How many persons are living between the person’s floor who is working in OBC and Jigyasa’s floor?