NMAT 2018 (About-Pattern-Dates)
About the NMAT:
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is used for admissions to some of the leading graduate business programmes in India.The score on this exam is accepted by SVKM’s NMIMS (Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad), Xavier University (Bhubaneswar), Shiv Nadar University (Greater Noida), Jindal Global Business school (NCR), among other B-schools.
It is even advisable for all CAT aspirants to take the NMAT once in October, as long as they have completed their classes. This would enable them to get into testing mode.
The NMAT incorporates multiple features to improve the test-taking experience of students:
Multiple attempts: You can take the NMAT by GMAC™ three times in a given admissions cycle.
Choice in order of attempting sections: The NMAT by GMAC™ allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test.
No negative marking – One can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
Choice for the date, time and location of the test: A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date. The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
Sending scores to up to 5 programmes for free. You can choose to select the list of schools/programmes you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 5 schools/programmes are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 5 schools/programmes before or after you register for an additional fee.
Applying to business schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. The NMAT by GMAC™ exam has three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The three sections of the NMAT by GMAC™ are individually timed. Test takers must answer questions and review answers of each section within the allotted time. Test takers must review their answers before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, all answers are final.
|Language Skills||32 questions||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||120 minutes|
Registration & Scheduling
You must register and pay for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam before scheduling a test date and location.
Note: Candidates are required to visit respective university/college/school website for details of their admission procedure. You have to submit their respective form separately.
Registration and Payment
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test centre. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Schools Preference” section. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 5 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
Applicants should note that registration for the NMAT and appearing for NMAT is the preliminary step towards applying to various B-schools (NMAT-accepting institutions). All of them have their independent admission forms, selection procedures and criteria.