Verbal Question of the Day: 18
OUT OF CONTEXT
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
- So they decided to escape the sun and wander the stadium’s shaded concourses or to leave the ballpark altogether.
- I spent July 4 at the ballpark, for a game between the Washington Nationals and the Boston Red Sox.
- By the game’s middle innings, a huge number of seats — about half, in some sections — had emptied.
- In more than 40 years of attending ballgames, I had never seen anything quite like it.
- It was a brutally hot day in Washington, and many people found it too uncomfortable to remain in their seats.