Verbal Question of the Day: 30
OUT OF CONTEXT
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
1. Considering the buzz the historic gold medal generated, one can safely assume that Hima caught the nation’s imagination when she became the first Indian to win a track event at a world competition.
2. Hima’s confidence and grit work in her favor on the track, but need to be managed so that she doesn’t train beyond her physical capacity.
3. Spotted last January, the girl from a remote village in Assam has made light of the hardships of staying alone in Guwahati to break one barrier after another.
4. Hima’s shining 400m gold at the World U20 Championships has provided a ray of hope for India’s sporting aspirations.
5. Her rise, which has attracted skeptical scrutiny, is nothing short of magical.