Verbal Question of the Day: 34
OUT OF CONTEXT
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them are thematically consistent. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
1. The language of the comments, posts and tweets is often abusive; female targets, such as the Turkish journalist Ceyda Karan and her Filipina colleague Maria Ressa, are routinely threatened with rape.
2. Thousands of social network accounts, both operated by humans and by bots used to amplify the attack, gang up on a person who dares to criticize a regime or a political figure.
3. Invariably, the person is accused of being a foreign agent and a traitor, with memes and cartoons being used to insult the target.
4. Personal attacks on a mass scale are the worst abuse of social networks by governments and political actors- it is impossible for a target to be impervious to one.
5. The target is given the impression of swelling public indignation about his or her work, and attempts to drown out the target’s voice are made.