Verbal Question of the Day: 38
OUT OF CONTEXT
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
- Such was Imran’s venom that the batsman Lala Amarnath had remarked that he had never seen such a “combination of pace and swing”.
- Many fast bowlers have kept excellent form at 30.
- It was more Imran the captain rather than Imran the performer who won the Nehru Cup in India in 1989 and the World Cup in 1992.
- Malcolm Marshall did it, and so did Dennis Lillee, though the Australian bowler had lost some of his earlier speed owing to repeated back problems but made up for that by scaling up his swing.
- Never had a fast bowler, at least not since Larwood, reached his peak at 30, in the way Imran Khan did in the 1982-83 series against India in Pakistan.