XAT(Xavier Aptitude Test) -2018 (About XAT- syllabus-Eligibility)
The Xavier’s Aptitude Test is a national level management aptitude test conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institution on behalf of XLRI. XAT is usually held in the month of January and over top 150 MBA colleges consider the XAT scores for their management programs. It is the oldest B-school entrance exam of the nation. XAT went online for the first time in January 2018 in its 60 years of legacy. It is the second most important exam after the CAT for management courses in India.
Who is Eligible for XAT 2018?
- XAT has no age-limit for candidates aspiring to take the exam.
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 may also apply.
- A completed professional degree like CA, CS, ICWA, etc.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).
Admission process of XLRI 2018 :
Applicants should note that registration for the XAT and appearing for XAT is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants to different institutes, besides XLRI, have to apply separately to the institutes of their choice. All of them have their independent selection procedures and criteria.
Test Pattern of XAT 2018:
The XAT exam is in the total of 210 minutes, divided between separately timed sections. The first section of 170 minutes is ‘multiple choice’ question paper consisting of English Language & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Decision Making sections. The second part of 40 minutes consists of GK questions and an Essay.
Following is the analysis of the XAT 2018:
|Section||No of Questions||Duration|
|Decision making||21|| |
|Verbal Ability and Logical Ability||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Essay and General Awareness||1 Essay topic and 25 Questions|| |
|Total||1 Essay and 97 questions||210 minutes|
Some important points about the expected XAT 2018 exam pattern have been noted below:
- All questions carry EQUAL marks. ONE-FOURTH OF A MARK may be deducted for each incorrect answer. Leaving a question UNATTEMPTED may result in a DEDUCTION OF 0.05 MARK. However, this deduction will not apply for a MAXIMUM OF 8 UNATTEMPTED QUESTIONS. The negative marks for UNATTEMPTED QUESTIONS shall be deducted proportionately across the three sections.
- Only the scores of the first part (overall as well as sectional) are used for shortlisting for GD-PI round, whereas the scores of both first and second part are used for final admission.
- The total number of questions in XAT is not fixed and has fluctuated from year to year.
The Decision-Making section of XAT is one of a kind wherein a mix of behavioral, managerial and mathematical questions are present. These questions require meticulous analysis and generally consist of situations in which multiple courses of action arise. These questions mostly pose ethical, management or human resource related dilemmas.
http://www.xlri.ac.in/about/about-us-landing.aspx (Read more about XAT)
(Mock test of XAT 2018) http://tathagatclasses.com/cbt/